Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Practical Magic


 1998                     PG-13                  104 minutes

In director Griffin Dunne's romantic comedy, sisters Sally and Gillian Owens (Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman) are modern-day witches whose love lives are complicated by an unusual curse: Men who fall in love with them meet untimely ends. But against the advice of their eccentric aunts, Frances (Stockard Channing) and Jet (Dianne Wiest) -- and even in the face of a murder investigation -- the sisters continue to try their hands at romance.
More info on Netflix here.

So lat night I was looking for something to watch and I stumbled onto this movie.  I just had to watch it, again.  I used to have this on DVD and watched it many many times.  I thought I would see how it fares after a few years since my last watch.  I remember it being a bit of a girly movie (which I enjoy every once in a while) that made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.  Well, it made me feel the same exact way as it used to.  
It had a lot of elements that I enjoy in my movies, books, tv shows, and other media.  It has obviously magical elements, humor, romance, and warm fuzzy feelings.
I don't know if I can recommend this movie to a lot of guys out there.  My husband likes Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman.  Well, what I should say is that thinks they are cute.  I didn't make him watch it and he thanked me.  But ,if you are a girl, watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment