Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Pulling


2006              TV-MA              6 episodes

Instead of marrying her boring fiancé, Karl (Cavan Clerkin), Donna (Sharon Horgan) calls off the wedding, moves into a South London flat with her friends, Karen (Tanya Franks) and Louise (Rebekah Staton), and starts taking full advantage of being single again. The first season of this British comedy series finds Donna celebrating her thirtieth birthday, sleeping with Louise's boss and meeting a great new guy. 
More info on Netflix!

I was bored one night and I needed something to watch and Netflix told me that I would like this.  I gave it a try because I have liked other British shows like The IT Crowd, Torchwood, Dr. Who, Sherlock Holmes, Merlin, and Hotel Babylon.  All of which I highly recommend. 
Pulling is about 3 friends in their upper 20's and young 30's trying to find good boyfriends.  The 3 characters are pretty believable.  The main girl, Donna, wants to have fun as a single girl but does not do well.  Karen (the one who is smoking in the above picture)  is a drunk who makes bad decision after even worse decision.  Lastly, Louise is the nice one who is a little creepy because of her desperateness.  
I don't especially love this show but for some strange reason I am compelled to keep watching it.  I am in the middle of the second season and I just keep watching.  The humor is just so-so, the plot isn't that amazing, and I don't really relate but I don't care.  I click Next Episode.  
Don't get me wrong.  I do enjoy it.  I do giggle at the humor every once in a while and I do stay interested the whole time.  Each 30 minute episode takes the 3 ladies through the same story of finding a guy who might be okay but they turn out to be not a keeper for one reason or another.  Sometimes, they even get dumped by the fella.
Netflix gave this 4.1 stars for me and I think I have to give it 3 stars, and that might be pushing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment