Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Queen of the Damned


Plot:
After many years of sleeping in his coffin, the vampire Lestat awakens only to find that the world has changed and he wants to be a part of it. He gathers a following and becomes a rock star only to find that his music awakens the ancient Queen Akasha and she wants him to become her king... Written by Andrew Main  

Stuart Townsend as Lestat
Marguerite Mureau as Jesse Reeves
Aaliyah as The Queen of the Damned

The above info is from imdb, here.



  This is about the 3rd time that I have watched this movie and I really do like it.  It was a vampire movie before vampires were super cool with the kids.  I personally believe that the above poster sheds a heavy light on Aaliyah is false advertising.  She is in about perhaps 15 to 20 minutes of the movie.  Yes, she is trying to take over the world but she only has a few scenes where she is try to do so.  I would have liked to have seen more of a focus on the character of Jesse Reeves, our young and curious Lestat loving girl.



This movie is pretty fun all the way through.  I love the character of Lestat and the silliness of him being in a band.  He is cool, cute, and seems like a half way decent vampire.  Jesse is a girl that I can connect with because she is curious and naive about vampires and Lestat and also a bit of a snazzy dresser.  I must say, I love the long fur jacket that she wears to the vampire club.  I also love the buns in her hair (I like to do buns in my hair as well). 



This movie is not a serious watch, but if you are looking for a fun vampire movie to watch I can't recommend it enough.  It is not a very violent movie.  There are a few a few fight scenes but it is mostly flying around and what not.  Nothing like the Blade movies, which are amazing.
I give this movie 4 fangs. ****

2 comments:

  1. how come i cant find it on Netflix ? im trying to search it through my xbox 360 but it wont let me find it ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @TheCrazyOne
    Netflix cycles through movies so it is possible they don't have it anymore. There are several things that I watched last year and they are no longer available.

    ReplyDelete