Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wilfred

2011        NR      Season 1

Adapted from the Australian TV series, this unconventional comedy follows the surreal experiences of Ryan, a deeply depressed man who becomes convinced that his neighbor's dog Wilfred is actually a man wearing a costume. More at Netflix!

I am not even sure why I really picked this to watch but I did. I guess perhaps because I like Elijah Wood. He is super cute and I loved Lord of the Rings. The synopsis looked cute so I clicked play. I was just enchanted by this show right from beginning to end. The moment the show ended I said, "I liked it too much". I didn't want it to end. The character Ryan played by super cute Elijah Wood is so scared to live and tries to off himself. After it does not work he starts seeing his neighbors dog,Wilfred, as a fella in a dog suit.
Wilfred is just the funniest. I love his doggy logic that he explains and tries to apply it to Ryan. I also love all the fart talk. Wilfred being a dog is really into butts and farts. He is always sniffing butts and farts to find out about people. He can tell so much from so little. It is really funny. I also love how matter of fact he is about everything. He just lays it out there. Wilfred also has a large stuffed animal bear that he humps constantly and has a strained relationship with.
I can't wait for the 2nd season and will watch it as soon as it is up. Netflix gave Wilfred 4.4 stars and I give it 5 sloppy imaginary doggy kisses.

1 comment: