Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Grave Encounters

2011       NR     1hr 33m

In this horror flick, the stars of a paranormal-investigation TV show spend the night in a derelict psychiatric hospital, hoping to uncover what's been going bump in the night. As their cameras roll, they find themselves trapped -- and hunted.
More here!

Netflix recommended this movie to me since I enjoyed movies like Behind the Mask and Tucker and Dale Vs Evil. I was in a mood for a spoof/making fun of movie last night so I fired this baby up. I really like to watch the ghost hunting shows because of how ridiculous those people are. I am a super skeptic when it comes to ghosts and the lot but I want to believe. I want there to be more and be things we don't know about. In all the shows I have watched I never seen anything that is unexplainable.
Anyway, It started out like most of those shows do. introduce you to the ghost hunting crew, show off the "haunted" place, and set up for a spooky night inside. I have to admit I actually got a couple shivers from this movie. It was not funny/spoofy, it was just a scary movie using the ghost hunting premise. It shows the footage that the crew shot. You follow them along their journey of having little strange things happening to all out ghosts killing people. I really enjoyed the ending but I feeling I had seen it somewhere before in another movie. 
Netflix thought I would like it 3.5 stars and I liked it 4 scary fake ghosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment