Monday, July 16, 2012

Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles

2011     NR     1hr 26m

For three decades, strange plaques with messages about resurrecting the dead have mysteriously appeared on streets throughout North and South America, prompting director Jon Foy to seek out the story of their origin. From Netflix!

I am not exactly sure why I decided to watch this movie but I am very happy that I did. It kind of stuck with me. I caught myself telling people about it and telling them about how great it is. The subject matter is really interesting, the music is great, and the story that the movie tells is compelling. 

The movie follows Justin Duerr, a man who is trying to solve the mystery of the Toynbee Tiles. Starting in Philadelphia tiles were spotted all over the city. In the middle of the roads and other places there are tiles that say...
Toynbee Idea
In Movie 2001
Resurect Dead
On Planet Jupiter
No one knows who is doing it, why, and what it means. Justin Duerr tries to solve the mystery. He follows all the leads that he has taking him all over and talking to everyone. For the first part of the investigation I didn't think they were going to find the person responsible for the tiles but the further in they got, the more I thought they could and would. I really wanted to find out. It was captivating.
Here is a trailer of the movie. I think it will better convey the movie than I could.
Netflix gave this movie  3.8 Stars and I give it 5 tiles. Woo!



No comments:

Post a Comment