Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Louie

2010-2011       TV-MA     2 Seasons

Written and directed by comic Louis C.K. -- who plays a fictionalized version of himself -- this FX series eschews sitcom structure for a loose format that lets single dad Louie be his irascible self -- through vignettes, club performances and more. More at Netflix!

Louie is so funny. I watched his stand up special a bit back and I guess that put me in the mood for more Louie so I watched his show and laughed so much. If you haven't seen his stand up or show you have to watch them. He is so funny. He is so blunt and has no problem with saying things that other people might not be brave enough to say. He often says horrible things about his children and it is the greatest. I love it. 
I really hope his life is not exactly like it is depicted on his show. Because if so, it is depressing. There are so many awkward moments, angry people, and terrible situations. I just want to hug him and try to make his life better. In one episode he and his two daughters are driving to meet a 97 year old family member to talk with her and hear stories. The whole drive there his daughters complain and then they get there and Great Aunt Ellen is racist and then dies within 3 minutes. Fun.
Netflix gives Louie 4.3 stars and I give it 5 bags of dicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment