Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Addams Family Values

1993      PG-13     1hr 34m

In director Barry Sonnefeld's Oscar-nominated black comedy, siblings Wednesday (Christina Ricci) and Pugsley (Jimmy Workman) Addams will stop at nothing to get rid of Pubert, the new baby boy adored by parents Gomez (Raul Julia) and Morticia (Anjelica Huston). Things go from bad to worse when the new "black widow" nanny, Debbie Jellinsky (Joan Cusack), launches her plan to add Fester (Christopher Lloyd) to her collection of dead husbands... More at Netflix
They say "guilty" in a tiny voice pretending to be the baby talking. We use it often in our conversations. It is weird how a movie from almost 20 years ago stuck with me
The Addams Family movies are so great. This is the 2nd of them and I think my favorite. The story of Fester and the nanny is great and I love the kids, Wednesday and Pugsley, being at summer camp. I went to summer camp for quite a few years so I loved all the camp humor. To be honest though, all the humor in this movie is great. I laughed so much.
My husband and I do a lot of quoting of movies and shows and there are quite a few from this one. My favorite is when the 2 kids are going to behead the baby.
"Death! Death to the enemies of the people of the republic."
Hoorah!
Justice is served.
Bring forward the evil one.
You have betrayed the people of France.
You are evil incarnate.
How do you plead?

Guilty.
They say "guilty" in a tiny voice pretending to be the baby talking. We use it often in our conversations.
 It is weird how a movie from almost 20 years ago stuck with me so much. I kind of wish they would 
make another movie. I know it would be all new actors and that would be sad but it could still be good. 
Right?
Well, Netflix gave it 3.5 stars and I give it 5 Things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment