Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Jim Gaffigan: Mr. Universe

2012           1hr 17m           NR

Funnyman Jim Gaffigan offers up his unique take on everything from Disney World to overweight whales in this live show from Washington, D.C. Other topics include McDonald's, indoor pools, slothfulness and having a fourth child. From Netflix!

I remember seeing Jim Gaffigan years ago before I really knew who he was or how funny he was. I loved him from the first 30 seconds of his show. He was super funny back then and he is just as funny today. I love his little voice that he does and the supposed thoughts of the audience. They are spot on and make his humor his own and stand out. 
I started this comedy special up on Saturday because my husband was jumping in the shower and was going to be busy for a little while. 20 seconds after I started it up I heard the same music in the bathroom. Turns out my husband had the same idea as me because he just stared it up as well with his Ipad in the bathroom. I matched mine up with his so when he got done with his shower we could watch it in the living room together without a hitch. 
This stand up performance was just as funny as his other ones. I laughed a lot and my husband laughed a lot as well. The only thing I didn't find super funny was all the humor about his kids. Since I don't have kids of my own or particularity like kids, I don't find humor about kids and raising them great. But, since Jim Gaffigan is so funny and I like his sense of humor he made it funny.
Netflix gave Mr. Universe 4.3 stars and I give it 5 cute funny kittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment