Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Thor

2011          1hr 54m         PG-13

In this Marvel Comics-inspired action flick, thunder god Thor finds himself banished by his father, Odin, and forced to live among humans on Earth to learn humility. Can Thor regain his powers and return home? Info from Netflix!

I am a big nerd and I love nerd type things. Anime, comic books, D&D..... the whole lot. Comic book movies are something that I like but there is always a cautiousness when it comes to watching them. I hope they are good but I don't get my hopes up too much. Thor was a pleasant surprise. I watched it for the first time months ago and really enjoyed it. I found Thor to be very charismatic and Loki to be the cutest. I think it is his smile. It is so nice. 
This time this weekend when I watched it for the second time I still enjoyed it but not nearly as much. It kind of had a hard time keeping my attention. I found myself thinking about other things while watching it. The parts I found the most entertaining were the ones with Loki. I care about his part of the story. I am sure he will be my favorite pat of The Avengers. I am not sure why this watch through didn't hold my attention as it did the first time. I watch tons of movies and shows multiple times and I usually love them as much the 3rd time as I do the 1st. Thor just didn't. 
I bought all the actors as their respective characters except Natalie Portman. Perhaps it is because I can only see her as Natalie Portman and that is it. I couldn't buy her as a astrophysicist. 
Even though I didn't care for it the second time around I still think you should watch it if you haven't already. 
Netflix gave Thor 4 stars and I give it 4 Thor hammers. A perfect match.

No comments:

Post a Comment