Monday, June 11, 2012

Wet Hot American Summer

2001              1hr 36m               R

 It's the last day of summer for Camp Firewood's staff and patrons, and everyone wants a final shot at some action. For Beth (Janeane Garofalo), that means getting it on with nerdy astrophysicist Henry (David Hyde Pierce). Ditto for the lovelorn Coop (Michael Showalter), who'd like nothing better than to lip-lock with fellow counselor Katie (Marguerite Moreau). Paul Rudd, Molly Shannon and Elizabeth Banks co-star in this spoof on summer-camp camp. Info from Netflix!

This movie has so many funny people in it. It has been years since I saw it for the first time I don't remember all these people being in it. I think I saw it before I knew of all of them. This time around I think I was laughing constantly. This movie is so ridiculous and the humor is so for me. I think a good example of  the humor is when the counselors go into town for an hour. They get something to eat, get some beer, buy crack, get addicted to drugs, end up getting strung out and passing out in a crack house; and then they go back to camp like nothing happened.

Being a person who went to summer camp many years in row as a camper and then as a counselor I really enjoy certain jokes. There is a kid who hasn't taken a shower one time during camp it really true. There is always one, if not more than one.
Just watch it. Netflix gave it 3.6 stars and I give it 5 happy campers.

No comments:

Post a Comment