Monday, June 11, 2012

The Wild Hunt

2009              1hr 35m             NR

The line between fantasy and reality quickly merges in this psychological drama set within the elaborate mini-world of a role-playing game - based on an ancient legend - that's being staged in Quebec by a large cast of costumed enthusiasts. Info from Netflix!

This was just a random movie that I watched because I liked the look of the cover and when I saw the synopsis I saw it was about LARPing. Great! Being a super nerdy girl (I love video games, anime, D&D, and cosplaying) I thought I would give this movie a try. The movie starts as if it is a serious fantasy movie. A king and one of his subjects are quarreling and soon it comes down to a sword fight. It takes a light hearted turn when they start hitting each other with foam swords. 
I thought it was going to be a funny movie, it does have humor, but it is not just a funny movie. It is one of those catch all movies with a little bit of everything. The story follows a love triangle, a loving big brother, and a large group of LARP friends. This movie made me want to try a weekend of LARP. It looks fun. The outfits, fun stories, and  excitement. The last part of the movie takes a drastic and for me, unexpected turn. 
I highly suggest checking this movie out. Whether you are into LARP or just like a good story, watch it. Netflix gives it 3.3 stars and I give it 5 scary antler bone heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment