Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Addams Family

1991           1hr 39m          PG-13

Stepping out of the pages of Charles Addams' cartoons and the 1960s television series, this big-screen version of the beloved, macabre family centers on con artists out to swindle the Addamses by introducing a bogus Uncle Fester (Christopher Lloyd) into their home. Barry Sonnenfeld directs the tailor-made cast, which includes Anjelica Huston as Morticia, Raul Julia as Gomez and Christina Ricci as scene-stealing daughter Wednesday. Info from Netflix!

When I spotted this movie on Netflix I got really excited and knew I need to watch it ASAP. I haven't seen this movie since the early 90's and I hoped that it was as good as I remembered it being. I have seen the 2nd one many times and in recent years and love that one, so I hoped that the first held up. Well, it did. It was so funny, perhaps even funnier. I was only 8 when this movie came out so much of the humor and language went way over my head. I caught all the stuff I missed or didn't understand as a kid and really like it. 
The movie does show its age a little. Thing looks a little strange around the wrist area.  You can see where the CG is. It looks a little smudgy. Other than little things like that it is fine though. The humor is really great. I laughed quite a bit. The movie is full of quick little jokes that I saw coming and I wanted it and it happened and I was happy that it did.
Watch it. Netflix game it 3.5 Stars and I give it 5 Happy Spiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment