Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Boy Wonder

2010             1hr 36m             R

Years after witnessing his mother's brutal murder, withdrawn Sean Donovan develops a dark alter ego and starts dispensing some vigilante justice. But soon a dedicated cop picks up his trail, and Sean's twisted crusade begins to implode. Info from Netflix!

I am going to start by saying to watch this movie. You will like it. I watched this movie because I liked the look of the cover and the name. That is it. I didn't even look at the synopsis. I love the cover for the movie. His piercing eyes and black painted cheeks peeking out from under his hood make him look so dark and cool. 
The name of the movie and the synopsis make it sound a bit like a normal super hero movie but it is far from it. There is a bit of ass kicking an it pretty awesome. I could have used a bit more dolling out of the justice. 
While watching the movie I knew I knew his face from somewhere but I could not place it so I looked him up. Apparently, I know him from several places. He was in Lost, The Unit, and Zoey 101. Where most people might recognize him is from True Blood as Tolliver Humphries. He was very good in this movie and fell into the role easily.  He was very believable. The end of the movie was great and does not disappoint.
Netflix gave this movie 3.8 stars and I give it 4 super heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment