Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Satisfaction

2007-2009                   NR                           3 Seasons

Putting a human face on an age-old profession, this series centers on the lives of five distinctly lovely ladies who work at an upscale urban brothel. Key to the drama is the woman pulling all the strings, the manipulative brothel manager. Info from Netflix!

Breezing threw shows is one of the things that I do on Netflix. When I make jewelry in the living room I just plow threw seasons and shows like it is nothing. As much as I love the movies on it I really love the shows. Finding new and awesome shows is one of my main goals. This is my second time watching Satisfaction. I am a big "re everything-er". I reread, re-watch, re-listen, everything. I just like to.
I really enjoy Satisfaction because of the variety of people and scenarios. Watching shows that have their core around Sex are interesting to me. Whether it be a documentary or a show it is really interesting to learn about different fetishes and turn-ons for people. Different strokes for different folks and all that. 
The show focuses on an Australian brothel, 232 is the name, and a selection of its workers and clients. Most everyone is likeable and you hope the best for them through their troubles. Even though I am not a fan of girly shows and things like that this show really captures me. It is far from the Desperate housewives formula and far fetched normalcy. "Oh no! I killed someone and my son is a drunk and my husband is having an affair and our house is burning down and my neighbor is black mailing me." Desperate housewives tries to make "normal" life exciting and it just feels forced and ridiculous.
My favorite girl is Nat, the daughter of the owner of 232. She works in the brothel but not as a sex worker but as more of a manager and coordinator. She starts as a tiny part of the show but she then becomes a more prevalent part of the show. 
4.5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment