Monday, May 21, 2012

Hellraiser: Hellworld

2005               R              1hr 35m

In this eighth installment of Clive Barker's film franchise, a group of Internet enthusiasts get sucked into a video game and soon score an invite to an exclusive and mysterious gathering, where the lines between cyberlife and reality are blurred. But when the soiree starts, the computer whizzes realize their host is none other than the maniacal Pinhead (Doug Bradley). And unfortunately for them, he knows how to throw a killer party. Info from Netflix!

I  LOVE the Hellraiser movies. All of them. No matter the budget, actors, story, or year it came out. I just love them. Even if I know it isn't the best movie and other people might not like it. I think we all have movies like that though. Something you love and perhaps people don't understand why. I love that they keep making them. They always have very different stories and it is always fresh. 

This Hellrasier is one of my favorites. The cenobites are not in the movie all that often but they do makes a few appearances and get who they want in the end. I never really feel bad for any of the people who get themselves into these situations. Most of the time they kind of deserve what they have coming. The one thing that they didn't have in this movie was the chains flying out of the walls and pulling at people. Something about that is so classic Hellraiser and it was missed. This is one of the best recent Hellraiser movies and I think you might want to give it w view.
Netflix gave it 3.2 stars and I give it 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment