Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Not Another Teen Movie

2001          1hr 28m           R
 
On a bet, a gridiron hero at John Hughes High School sets out to turn a bespectacled plain Jane into a beautiful prom queen in this outrageous parody that ruthlessly lampoons popular teen movies of all stripes. Info from Netflix!

I haven't seen one of the spoof movies from the early 2000's in some time so I thought I would watch one of the funny ones today. It was new on Netflix and was perfect for my mood. It was really funny, just like I remember. It was strange seeing some actors that I didn't know of back then and now to see them so young. Ted Mosby of How I Met Your Mother and the main character is Lexi from Grey's Anatomy. I spent half the movie trying to place her and finally I just looked her up.
The humor was really enjoyable and I laughed quite a bit. Being a teen and young adult when all the teen movies were coming out I really enjoyed this movie making fun of them. I like a movie that doesn't take its self seriously. If you haven't seen this movie, watch it. It makes fun of all teenagers and their movies. What is not to like about that?
Netflix gives it 3.3 and I give it 4. 4 puppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment