Monday, May 21, 2012

Cruel Intentions

1999            R              1h 37m

Quenching a thirst for dangerous games, promiscuous Kathryn Merteuil challenges her stepbrother to deflower their headmaster's daughter before summer ends. If he succeeds, he gets to bed Kathryn. If he fails, she'll win his most prized possession. Info from Netflix!

This s not the first time I have watched Cruel Intentions and it is not the last either. I believe I first saw this movie on HBO or Showtime when it came out around 1999/2000. I loved it. I loved it so much I bought the DVD so I could watch it whenever I wanted to, and I watched it a lot. Ryan Phillippe is super cute and pulls off his character very well. I believe him to be a smart, selfish, cruel, womanizing, and lying guy. Sarah Michelle Gellar and Reese Witherspoon look so young in it which is strange because when I was young they looked so old to me. It makes sense but it just feels weird. Time has flown by. 
It feels very late 90's with the fashion, style, hair styles, and music and I love it. The movie held up very well and I enjoyed it just as much today as I did 10 years ago. 
Netflix gave the movie 3.6 stars and I give it 5 stars. Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment