Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hannibal

2001             2hr 11m            R

Anthony Hopkins returns as serial killer Hannibal Lecter -- one of the great villains in screen history -- in this riveting sequel that finds his only surviving victim trying to draw Lecter out of hiding by using FBI agent Clarice Starling as bait. Info from Netflix.

The Hannibal movies are all good movies to me. The original is the best of course and the others are nice additions. Hannibal has always been a likeable bad guy to me. He has a lot of charisma. Even though he is a murderer and a cruel person, I can't help but to like him. Anyone else? Or am I just a big weirdy-beardy? 
I am fine with Clarice not being played by Jodi Foster but I kind of wish that they had gotten her. It is just a little weird when actors switch in and out. The continuity gets a little messed up. But, I like Julianne Moore so no big deal. Anthony Hopkins will forever be Hannibal Lecter to me no matter what movie he is in. I know that is not what an actor wants but I can't help it. The original movie stuck with me and and he was so weird and scary. I love it.
Netflix game it 3.6 Stars and I give it 4 Hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment